Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Service Tree






Trees:

Trees are some of my favorite things to photograph. Because you cant really go to wrong on what angle you use.  This is kind of an emotional post for me, you may not understand why though. The summer camp that I go to for a month each summer always, every sunday holds "Sunday Services" under the tree pictured, and has since the camp started in 1959. Then this summer a tornado hit and the "service tree" fell.  It was estimated to be over 200 years old and was the largest tree in camp.  The camp directors mom Barbra always was in charge of the services. One day at a service she said that she could feel the energy of the entire camp when she stood under it. A lot of people thought she was nuts, but I agreed with her.  It was my favorite spot in camp, and home to 3 bald eagles. Please comment or critique below!

"At present, I am mainly observing the physical motion of mountains, water, trees and flowers. One is everywhere reminded of similar movements in the human body, of similar impulses of joy and suffering in plants." -Egon Schiele

No comments:

Post a Comment